Just before use.
Signup for relevant jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered to your inbox. You are able to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer you aren’t a way to better health that is financial.
LendUp is just a economic technology startup situated in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum (YC W12) supported by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our product will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection in Wall Street Journal, Financial circumstances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Exactly what we’re doing:
At LendUp we’re for a objective to give you aren’t a path to raised health that is financial. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually restricted and unjust, plus it’s very easy to become caught in a financial obligation period. This is actually the very first issue LendUp attempted to resolve, through the use of our mixed expertise in pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to the provided passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a way to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each day, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building extra financial loans that can help united states further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a course to higher monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and business Counsel is going to be accountable for employed in close partnership with specific sections and cross practical groups to offer appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its products.
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand new and existing services and products from item development through launch, including conformity advising with regards to such services and products
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state consumer banking and lending rules, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security legislation.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Provide regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to help with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy things.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other item security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification needs, including getting and licenses that are maintaining
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp services and products
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting a ongoing business, as essential to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, skilled, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with experience with the financing room
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of dilemmas pertaining to the monetary solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in a variety of repayments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the regulations, foibles linked to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state legislation linked to lending
- Capacity to balance working separately with little to no supervision and working closely and collaboratively within a little appropriate team
- Capability to interface effortlessly along with degrees of the corporation (professional administration, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and self-confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable up to a environment that is fast-changing
- A business that is solid with practical risk understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including exercising in-house at a busy FinTech startup business (or perhaps in an comparable setting) for at the very least three years, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred prospect may have experience working in the repayments area, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Tested solution oriented and innovative issue solver
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at the same time, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional written and oral interaction abilities and capacity to work in both groups and separately
- Admitted to your CA a situation club or authorized in-house counsel with their state Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the company that is mission-driven like a competitive wage; very early phase equity; 100per cent business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; substantial vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifetime:
- We’re focused on a diverse and comprehensive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same objective. ” We have been passionate about diverse prospects and https://speedyloan.net/payday-loans-la have now slack networks devoted to sets from mu
LendUp can be an Equal Possibility Manager
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers for an equal foundation irrespective of a person’s age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, gender identification or expression, maternity status, marital status, armed forces or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected legally.